View all by Warm Audio
The Warm Audio WA76 Limiting Amplifier is a modern reproduction of a classic FET compressor and limiter circuit known for its versatility, ultra-fast attack time and ‘all buttons in’ ratio setting.
With its fully discreet signal path, and CineMag input and output transformers, the WA76 is a high quality as well as a high fidelity unit at an unbelievable price; and since its release has caused a stir in the pro audio world.
The WA76 remains faithful to the classic sound of the Revision D 1176, a sound that can be heard on classic on modern productions. From vocals, to acoustic guitar and to drums and percussion, the WA76 doesn’t sound bad on anything. It can be used subtly, adding a bit of warmth due from the transformers, through to distorted and crunchy making it one of the best compressor limiters for rock production that money can buy. The WA76 features controls for input and output, with a fixed threshold. The more you crank up the input, the more aggressive the compression becomes and at really high input setting the WA76 starts to add a really amazing distortion to the signal. The compression can further be tailored with the attack and release knobs that determine the attack and sustain portions of the signal, from a pumping fast release to the more transparent long release settings. Warm Audio have also included the ‘all buttons in’ setting on the WA76 which adds a very aggressive and overdriven compressed sound for creative sonic exploration.
- True to the Classic 1176 compressor in design and performance
- Completely discrete signal path
- Modelled after the D revision
- Utilizes USA made CINEMAG input and output transformers
- Supports the famous “all buttons in” ratio setting
- Ultra fast attack time
- Class A line level output amplifier
- Input impedance - 600 ohms, bridges-T control (floating)
- Frequency Response ± 1 dB 20 Hz to 20kHz
- XLR and TRS inputs. XLR and TRS outputs
- 55db of gain
- Less than 0.4% total harmonic distortion from 50 Hz to 20 kHz with limiting
- Signal to noise ratio is greater than 74 dB at +25 dBm
- EIN -104.1 dbm
- Attack time, 20 microseconds to 800 microseconds
- Release time, 50 milliseconds to 1 second
- Meter provides dB gain reduction and dB output
- Internal power supply, external 24v AC power transformer
- 19" Rackmount chassis, 2U
Crap, this isn’t what I ordered. Now what?
Worry not fellow musician. We’ve got your ass covered. Let us know and we’ll replace it immediately.
What time do you open?
We are open for business Mon – Fri 10.00 am till 7.00 pm, excluding public holidays
Can I order and pickup from the shop?
Yes of course. Just choose the “Shop Pickup” option during checkout and we will set aside your order and you can pick it up at your leisure.