View all by Warm Audio
Their acclaimed vintage-inspired compressors, preamps, and mics have famously upset the pro audio price/performance ratio; so when Warm Audio turned its attention to the granddaddy of large-diaphragm tube condenser microphones, you know it had to be good. And it is. With its discrete, transformer-balanced vacuum tube circuitry and custom reproduction capsule, the WA-47 nails the huge, bold sound of the beloved and revered ’47 — a sound heard on countless iconic recordings.
Flash back to any top recording studio in the 1960s. You’ll see the venerable ’47 everywhere. It was Sinatra’s vocal mic of choice and one of George Martin’s go-to microphones on Beatles sessions, and it now occupies a lofty perch in the pantheon of the greatest microphones ever made. It’s this classic circuit design — dating back more than half a century — that Warm Audio closely followed for the WA-47. But this is no mere clone, and innovations abound. Nine available polar patterns and robust 140dB SPL handling translate to incredible versatility; there’s literally no source the WA-47 can’t finesse with its inimitable seductive sonics.
- Custom reproduction '47-style k47 capsule
- TAB-Funkenwerk (AMI) USA output transformer
- JJ Slovak 5751 vacuum tube
- Wima and Solen French polystyrene capacitors
- Polar patterns: 9 patterns — Cardioid, Omni, figure-of-eight + 6 mixed patterns
- Self-noise: 11dBA
- Dynamic range: 130dBA
- Maximum SPL: 140dB (<0.5% THD)
- Frequency range: 20Hz–20kHz
- Output impedance: 200 ohms
- Rated load impedance: ≥2k ohms
- S/N ratio: 82dBA
- Equivalent noise: 10dBA (IEC651)
- External IEC grounded PSU
- Gotham 5-meter GAC-7, 7-pin tube microphone cable
- Includes wood presentation box, shockmount, and IEC power cable
When are your delivery times?
Our delivery times are Mon to Fri from 9.30am till 3.30pm
How can I pay?
You can pay through Paypal
What if a product is not in stock after I ordered?
If the product you have ordered is currently out of stock we will contact you by phone and email and give you an estimated time of arrival.