View all by Maton
The Maton M-Series features Sapele tops, backs and sides. Sapele is an African tonewood (sometimes known as African Mahogany)which has become popular as a substitute for the now endangered Honduran Mahogany. The two woods are nearly identical tonally and aesthetically. The neck is Fijian Mahogany and the bridge and fingerboard are Indian Rosewood.
These guitars are inspired by the classic roots music of bygone days and their sound evokes images of old time country singers and bluesmen riding the rods on their way to their next engagement. The M series are dressed appropriately too. Simple pinstripe rosette and inner bindings combine with a black outer binding to produce an understated classy finish. No frills but elegant, just like the music that inspired them. A bone nut and saddle provide the finishing touches for a brilliant vintage tone.
Under the hood the M series share the recent developments of Maton’s acoustic range. Scalloped bracing and careful thicknessing have resulted in a guitar with a rich, full tone, very Maton but with plenty of that brightness and compression associated with the best all Mahogany guitars.
- Model: M808
- Body Shape: 808
- Soundboard: Solid Sapele Mahogany
- Rosette: Twin Row Pinstripe Rings
- Bracing: Standard Maton X
- Back and Sides: Solid Sapele Mahogany
- Outer Binding: Black
- Inner Binding: Pinstripe
- Neck: Mahogany
- Scale Length: 64.77cm (25.5")
- Headstock Veneer: Rosewood Veneer- 2mm
- Fingerboard and Bridge: Indian Rosewood
- Fretwire: Dunlop 6260
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fingerboard Radius: 304.8mm (12")
- Soundhole Diameter: 95mm
- Nut Width: 44.1mm (1.736" - 1 47/64")
- 14th Fret: Width 55mm (2.165" - 2 11/64")
- Fingerboard Inlays: 6mm Pearl Dots
- Back & Sides Finish: Satin/Natural
- Top Finish: Satin/Natural
- Bridge Pins: Ivory ABS
- Machine Heads: Chrome Grover Rotomatic
- Pickguard: Black with Gold "M"
- End Pin/Strap: Chrome
- Nut & Saddle: Bone
- Case: Standard Maton Hardcase
- Pickup: AP5-Pro
- Strings: Elixir Nanoweb Phosphor Bronze 12-53.
What if a product is not in stock after I ordered?
If the product you have ordered is currently out of stock we will contact you by phone and email and give you an estimated time of arrival.
Can I have it delivered?
Not a problem at all. Any order over a €100.00 qualifies for free delivery anywhere in Malta and Gozo. Any order below that can also be delivered against a fee of €20.00
Can I order and pickup from the shop?
Yes of course. Just choose the “Shop Pickup” option during checkout and we will set aside your order and you can pick it up at your leaisure